Moving to Spain from UK – Guide for 2023
Relocation To Spain – The Adventure Starts Here
Moving from the UK to Spain can be an exciting adventure, but it can also be a daunting task. Whether you are moving for work, retirement, or just for a change of scenery, there are many things to consider before making the move. This blog post will provide you with a guide on moving to Spain, top 10 tips for expats moving to Spain from the UK, information on the best places to live in Spain, and a paragraph about ASD Harrison International Removals that can help UK citizens to move to Spain outlining their services.
Guide To Moving To Spain
- Research and planning: Moving to a new country requires research and planning. You need to understand the culture, the language, the climate, the cost of living, and the healthcare system. Do some research on the region you plan to move to and create a detailed plan to ensure a smooth transition.
- Visa and permits: If you are moving from the UK to Spain, you will need a visa or a permit to live and work in Spain. The visa requirements will depend on your reason for moving, your nationality, and the length of your stay.
- Finding a place to live: Once you have your visa or permit, you need to find a place to live. You can rent or buy a property in Spain. It is advisable to rent before buying to get a feel for the area you plan to live in.
- Moving your belongings: You can choose to hire a removal company or move your belongings yourself. If you decide to hire a removal company, make sure they are licensed and insured to avoid any complications.
- Registering for healthcare: Once you are in Spain, you need to register for healthcare. The healthcare system in Spain is excellent, and you can access free or low-cost healthcare.
- Opening a bank account: You will need a Spanish bank account to manage your finances in Spain. You can open a bank account in person or online.
- Learning the language: It is advisable to learn the Spanish language to communicate with the locals and integrate into the culture.
- Getting a job: If you plan to work in Spain, you need to find a job. It is advisable to start your job search before you move to Spain.
- Enrolling your children in school: If you have children, you need to enroll them in school. Spain has a good education system, and you can choose between public and private schools.
- Enjoying your new life: Moving to Spain can be a great adventure. Embrace the culture, make new friends, and enjoy the Spanish lifestyle.
Top 10 Tips for Expats Moving to Spain from the UK
- Learn the language: It is essential to learn the Spanish language to communicate with the locals and integrate into the culture.
- Understand the culture: Spain has a rich culture, and it is essential to understand the customs and traditions of the region you plan to live in.
- Get a good understanding of the cost of living: The cost of living in Spain can vary depending on the region you plan to live in. Research and budget accordingly.
- Secure your finances: Make sure you have enough money to cover your expenses and emergencies for the first few months in Spain.
- Get your paperwork in order: Make sure you have all the necessary paperwork, such as visas, permits, and healthcare registration, in order.
- Hire a reputable removal company: If you decide to hire a removal company, make sure they are licensed and insured to avoid any complications.
- Embrace the Spanish lifestyle: Spain has a relaxed lifestyle, and it is essential to embrace it and enjoy the culture.
- Network and make new friends: Join local clubs or groups to meet new people and make friends.
- Get involved in the community: Volunteering or getting involved in local events and festivals is a great way to immerse yourself in the local community.
- Be patient and flexible: Moving to a new country can be challenging, and it is essential to be patient and flexible as you adjust to your new life in Spain.
Best Places to Live in Spain
- Spain has many beautiful regions and cities to choose from when considering where to live. Here are some of the best places to live in Spain for expats:
- Barcelona: Barcelona is one of Spain’s most popular cities, known for its beautiful architecture, beaches, and cultural scene. The city is home to many international companies, making it an excellent place for job opportunities.
- Madrid: Madrid is Spain’s capital city and is known for its vibrant nightlife, art museums, and cultural events. The city has a booming economy, making it a great place for job opportunities.
- Valencia: Valencia is a coastal city known for its beaches, orange groves, and the futuristic City of Arts and Sciences. The city has a low cost of living, making it an affordable option for expats.
- Malaga: Malaga is a popular destination for expats, known for its beaches, golf courses, and historic city center. The city has a relaxed lifestyle and is a great place for retirees.
- Seville: Seville is a beautiful city known for its historic landmarks, flamenco dancing, and delicious food. The city has a low cost of living, making it a great place for expats on a budget.
Moving To Spain After Brexit
Moving to Spain after Brexit requires some additional considerations compared to before the UK left the European Union. UK citizens are no longer EU citizens and are now subject to visa requirements when moving to Spain. To live and work in Spain, UK citizens will need to apply for a visa, such as a non-lucrative visa, work visa, or entrepreneur visa, depending on their situation. UK citizens can stay in Spain for up to 90 days without a visa, but for longer stays, a visa is required. It is essential to research and understand the visa requirements and application process before moving to Spain after Brexit.
ASD Harrison International Removals
ASD Harrison International Removals is a UK-based removal company that specializes in international moves, including moving to Spain. The company has over 30 years of experience in the removals industry and has a team of expert movers who can help you with every aspect of your move.
ASD Harrison offers a range of removal services, including packing, transportation, and unpacking, to ensure a smooth and stress-free move to Spain. The company also offers storage solutions if you need to store your belongings before or after your move.
In addition to their removal services, ASD Harrison also provides additional services to make your move to Spain as easy as possible. These services include visa and immigration advice, pet transportation, and vehicle transportation.
ASD Harrison is a fully insured mover, giving you peace of mind that your belongings are in safe hands during your move to Spain.
Moving from the UK to Spain can be an exciting adventure, but it requires research, planning, and preparation. It is essential to understand the culture, language, and cost of living before making the move. Hiring a reputable removal company, such as ASD Harrison International Removals, can help make the move easier and stress-free. Whether you choose to live in Barcelona, Madrid, Valencia, Malaga, or Seville, Spain has something to offer for everyone, making it a great destination for expats.